Ministry:
We have been a bit busier in recent weeks and have had to compensate some for that. Here are a few bullet points of what's happening and what's ahead.
- Our Slovenian friends who have asked us to help them prepare for church planting in their home town of Maribor, Slovenia have recently moved to Maribor. Not only have I travelled there a couple of times, but there has also been more Skype calls and chats as well as emails due to all the decisions their having to make right now. This is fun for us for a couple of reasons. One, because they're our dear friends and we love being around them. Two, because I sense the joy of the Lord as I work with them and help them prepare and strategize for the long road ahead of them. I feel like this aspect of ministry could be something I do more of in the future.
- We are preparing for our spring camp as a church. Our camp will happen in mid-April after Easter. We plan to go to the mountains about 1 hour from Zagreb. Our theme this year is "Freedom in Christ". We hope to prepare our church to take the next step in their personal lives towards more freedom in Christ. For some this will mean going through deliverance ministry for the first time in their lives. For others, it means just continuing to ask the Holy Spirit how to live their lives in more freedom. Our own dynamic threesome of Roger, Goran, and Damir will preach the sessions this year and I will be leading worship.
- Along those lines, we added Damir and Maja Mehanovic to our leadership team on a part time basis. They are vocation (not full-time ministers) therefore can not make it to every meeting. We are however thrilled to see them step up into a role of leadership they deserve as they have shown much faithfulness.
- Worship team: This is going great and I'm personally really enjoying this aspect of ministry. We have recently switched Ivan from guitar to violin and it's awesome! He's a talented musician who has a real sense of timing and atmosphere in a song. Damir is co-leading with me and does a great job of following when it's time to follow me, and leading when it's time to lead. I'm getting so much joy out of working with him lately.
Family Life
- Mimi (Laura's mom) and Aunt Yvonne (Laura's mom's sister) are planning a visit at the end of April. Our plan is to take some vacation time and travel with them to Prague and Krakow, Poland. We're looking forward to this adventure with them and the kids can hardly wait!
- The girls are so stinkin' cute these days! Lizzie is doing great with her potty training. She's having a hard time going #2, but we're not concerned. Apparently this is a very normal thing. Bekah is talking away in a language we can not understand...and it's hilarious. We are starting to be able to recognize some words though. Among the top phrases are, "I don't know", and "Help me".
- Lizzie has figured out that 2 languages exist. Before she just thought that it was one big language (Cro-english) but now she has realized that this other language called Croatian exists. The other day a friend of ours was over and she was talking to Lizzie in Croatian. Lizzie turned around to me and asked with a confused face, "Daddy, is that Croatian?" Made me laugh...as I realized she just figured out there was another language. She's learning Croatian just fine though. Just like other 3 years old her age, she shouted out to me the other day, "Neću!" which means, "No, I won't!" This was shortly followed by discipline. :-)
- There's no snow on the ground right now, but it's cold. Lizzie's constantly complaining of it being too cold though. It's like the Texas slipped in her blood without her ever having lived there! She also loves snow though and talks about it all the time if it's on the ground. She's like her daddy in that way. I've attached some other photos of them enjoying the various winter weather we've had lately.
Above & Below: Lizzie and Bekah playing in the rain sporting their rain jackets and rain boots. They've been waiting for an opportunity to use them.
Above & Below: One Saturday it was pretty warm for a February day in Zagreb (near 50 degrees) so we decided to go down to the lake near our apartment to get ice cream, throw rocks, look at birds, etc. We had a blast!
1 comment:
Thanks for the updated blog, James. I check every day.
Pix of the girls are precious! Sydney, too, waits for excuses to wear her rain boots. Miss you!!!
Post a Comment