For all you Texans who have become accustomed to these blistering hot days, I have news for you...it's just not normal! It's (as the Texans say) dad-gum hot here! Today when we got back into the car after church, I put Lizzie in the car. She then proceeded to scream and cry declaring, "IT'S TOO HOT!!!" Over and over she yelled wondering why I would put her into such a furnace of a car. She just wasn't used to it. It made us laugh, but also made us sad. She didn't know about the "hope" of air conditioning...and that it would cool down in just a few minutes. It also made us laugh because she has just learned how to say that something is "too" whatever...so she says it like a foreigner learning English. Anyway, we often find that we have a clearer picture into human nature through our children. It's obvious to see how selfish we are, how we hate to share our things, how when we're sad or don't get our way we'd really just like to yell and roll on the floor. These things come very natural to us as humans and we see a picture of this in our children. I think in the same way, we see through Lizzie's observations that it is "too hot" in Texas. :-)
Stay cool this summer wherever you are!
1 comment:
I wish we had that problem.... staying cool in England should be ok..
Post a Comment